Instructions for oral presentations
- The two lecture halls of AKRR'05 are equipped with modern
audio-visual systems. There is a PC connected to a video projector in both
lecture halls. Presenters will be provided with a clip-on microphone.
- In AKRR'05, the schedule will be moderated by the session chairperson.
For 30 minutes presentation, please
prepare to use about 20 minutes for your talk. We reserve
10 minutes for discussion with the audience and for switching
speakers. For each presentation during the poster spotlight
session there will be 3 minutes for the talk and 1 minute
- We strongly encourage the speakers to use PowerPoint or pdf formats
for the presentations. To save time, it is advisable to download
the presentation well in advance from CDs or memory sticks (USB) to the
lecture hall PC. Mac and Linux users should make sure that their
presentations are correctly converted. There will be an assistant
in both lecture halls helping with the downloads; see below.
- You may also bring your own laptop for your presentation. In this
case make sure well in advance that your presentation is in order
and your laptop matches with the projector in the lecture hall.
- The final schedule for the conference is online showing the date, time
and room for your presentation. We ask that you bring your presentation
to the room where you will give your presentation preferably a day in
advance. There will be an organizing committee
member, session chair, or one of the student assistants available to
help you to load
your presentation on the PCs at the following times:
- Tuesday: (during registration)
- Wednesday: 8:00-9:30, 11:30-12:00, 16:00-16:30
- Thursday: 8:00-8:45, 12:00-12:30
- Friday: 8:00-8:45, 12:00-12:30.
- Please also remember to contact the session chair before the
session begins so that he/she knows that you are present.
Instructions for poster presentations
- Setting up the posters
- The poster space will be available for set-up from 12:00 on Wednesday.
- All posters should be set up before the poster session begins.
- Push pins will be available for your use.
- The maximal size of the posters will be 140 cm (width) x 120 cm (height)
(approximately 55 x 47 inches).
- Presentations at the poster spotlight session
- poster spotlight session will be held on Wednesday from 3 to 4
pm, followed by the poster session and Get Together party.
- Each presenter is given three minutes to present the highlights
of the poster (1-2 traditional slides)
and one minute is reserved for discussion.
- As the time is very limited during the spotlight session, each presenter
should bring the slides as transparencies. For this, an overhead
projector will be provided.
- The posters will be on display during the Get Together party on
Wednesday evening, as well as on Thursday and Friday during the Conference
- Taking off the posters
- Please remember to remove your poster at the end of the conference.
Outdated; kept for reference:
We ask the authors of the accepted and invited papers to
submit their final camera-ready papers by 21st of April, 2005.
For the AKRR'05 conference, please use the page
for your submission.
For the AMKLC'05 and KRBIO'05 symposia, please use the page
for your submission.
Submitting camera-ready version
Please submit your final camera ready version including both
- the pdf file
- original source files (LaTeX, MS Word or OpenOffice.org)
with images (for LaTeX as separate files)
Submitting your material is quicker and easier if *all* of the files
are collected into a *single* archive using one of the following
- Pkzip (.zip)
- Tar (.tar)
- GNU Zip (.gz)
- GNU Zip Tar (.tgz or .tar.gz)
- Compress Tar (.tar.Z)
Considering formatting, please follow the submission guidelines.
The formatting guidelines are the very same as for the earlier submissions. (However, if you
have used a directive for producing a draft copy, please do not use it anymore.)
The latex and bibliography style files are available
as well as the latex example files:
MS Word users
Please, use the following MS Word template file:
Please, use the following OpenOffice template file:
– Themes – Dates
– CFP – Submission
– Programme – Venue
– Registration – Accomodation
– Travel – Committees