FiCLA Workshop: Cognitivism meets Dynamism
Finnish Cognitive Linguistics Association FiCLA organizes a workshop on semantics with the title
"Cognitivism meets dynamism" on Tuesday, 14th of June, 2005 in Espoo,
Finland. The workshop is associated with
the AKRR'05 conference
on Adaptive Knowledge Representation and Reasoning.
The participation to the FiCLA workshop is free and
preregistration is not necessary.
The workshop will be held at Helsinki University of Technology,
in Otaniemi, Espoo, Finland, in hall T1 in the premisis of the
department of computer science and engineering ("T building").
The address of the site is Konemiehentie 2, Espoo.
For instructions on how to reach the area, please
visit the AKRR'05
Plenary speaker in the workshop is professor
Heike Wiese, Humboldt
University Berlin, Department of German Language and Linguistics. One
of professor Wiese's research topics is modelling semantics as
a linguistic interface system.
As an invited speaker talks researcher Anu Koskela, University of
Sussex, Department of Linguistics and English Language. Other speakers
include professor Esa Itkonen and docent Ahti-Veikko Pietarinen.
- Oili Karihalme, University of Turku (chair)
- Tero Kainlauri, University of Joensuu
- Timo Honkela, Helsinki University of Technology
- Lari Kotilainen, Universität zu Köln
- Michaela Pörn, Åbo Akademi
- Pauli Salo, University of Helsinki
- Jari Sivonen, University of Oulu
- Heli Tissari, University of Helsinki